Putting Clashing Brand Video Cards into Clashing MotherBoards (The Clash) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Question Putting Clashing Brand Video Cards into Clashing MotherBoards (The Clash)

I am just trying to convince a friend who owns an Asus motherboard which has N-Force on it. He is concerned that if he decides to buy an ATi videocard it won't run as quickly due to sabotaging by Nvidia (Corporate Conspiracy Theory)

I told him that as long as the video card is PCI-e compatible it won't have any problems no matter what the motherboard build....

To support my arguement against him, i told about how the stupid games that come with the Video Card companies logo and stupid slogan "The way it's mean't to be played" or "Get into the Game" is nothing but advertisment as many people have proved that no games are really optimized for certain cards (except Doom 3 which loved the Geforce 6 cards more than the ATi X cards maybe because of better OpenGL support)

SO PLEASE GET STUCK INTO THIS (I GOT A BET RIDING ON THIS!, not much though but enough.......)

Old 08-08-2005, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

For some reason apparently Ati cards work better on a Nforce board than a Nvidia card. Dont quote me on this but I have heard so many times.

Old 08-08-2005, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to CyToToXiC Send a message via Yahoo to CyToToXiC
Default Re: Putting Clashing Brand Video Cards into Clashing MotherBoards (The Clash)

Quote:
Originally posted by wedge_00
He is concerned that if he decides to buy an ATi videocard it won't run as quickly due to sabotaging by Nvidia (Corporate Conspiracy Theory)
ROFLMAO, i don't think so, NVidia doesn't even make the board
Soundblaser Audigy 2 ZS
Geforce NX6600 GT
2 WD 120 GB Hard Drives**
1 GB CORSAIR RAM**

**sitting MIA in some warehouse
Old 08-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

I'm looking forward to the day when you can buy a motherboard that supports running dual CPU's. (ONE AMD & ONE INTEL) You can get your multimedia fix and game yourself silly...

Highly unlikely... but it could happen...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Ha... My friend is going to owe me a case of beer....

Because he was skint on cash he managed to get a X-700 Pro (**** of a card) for second hand cheap-o but yet hasn't put it into his brand spanking new case because his has been scared of something weird happening and getting bad results on 3D Mark (He is just new to Computers and thinks to 3d Mark is the Holy Gospel of benchmarking, he should try game demo's)
Old 08-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
True Techie

I showed him how my Geforce 4 ti managed to hold a rough 25-30 frames of high detail settings on FARCRY(Old but yet still graphically demanding!) without chopping (barely any) AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by 24/7 Gamer
For some reason apparently Ati cards work better on a Nforce board than a Nvidia card. Dont quote me on this but I have heard so many times.
This is with Nforce 3 only

And to Cyrotoxic or w/e, a chipset DOES affect the peformance of the video card alot. Nvidia could sabatoge it to not accept ATI cards.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to CyToToXiC Send a message via Yahoo to CyToToXiC

really? guess im the clown
Soundblaser Audigy 2 ZS
Geforce NX6600 GT
2 WD 120 GB Hard Drives**
1 GB CORSAIR RAM**

**sitting MIA in some warehouse
Old 08-09-2005, 06:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
True Techie

Yes that is true and I forgot to mention that lol. I have neva used a nforce 4 board yet as there is quite a considerable lot of hardware I need to buy to make the change but all of the comments on that I have heard was from people using the nforce 3 board not 4.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lord Techie

HAVOC2k5, love your sig. to anyone not from australia.....a carton of beer means a lot :P. as usual dj-chris is right

Closed Thread