Put PC together, Now some problems . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHEKEI

Beta member
Ok so I got hooked up with a Pentium 4, 3E Ghz, 800 MHZ Bus, with a ASUS P4s800 front side bus 800. Now they picked all the stuff for me, I had a problem tryin to get the power / reset switches to work becuz it was really weird on this case. Anyways, heres the scoop.

The first time I booted it up all you can hear is the fan from the Processor and then it says Put in system disk, press ENTER to continue,

fair enough, thats normal. I turned the comp off till I put my cd drive in, anyways, I rebooted to try other things (without CD rom in). And then it would turn on for like 5 seconds without System BEEP and then just turn off.

So I try again, then it gives me system beep but immediatly goes into bios. I dont see any AwardBios main screen in that dos type of thing.

The bios starts up under the Power Management section or sumthing like that, When i cursor over the bios under CPU external freq in red letters it says, During th last boot up your system hung for improper frequency. Your system is now working in Safe mode.

I figured this was ram, however they supplied us with 256 DDR and I believe they gave us the right one, because it works in my brothers AMD, 1.6GHZ.

They also knew what comp it was going in so I figured it would be right.

Does this mean my ram is wrong, or is there a way I can fix this. It also has a input I can put the External Frequency, I set the one to Auto but theres a thing u can put your own frequency out.

Any ideas guys, any suggestions helps a lot. I will end up bringing it to the shop for the pros, but maybe you guys can help

-----

update : Also in the bios when I went to CPU temperature it was in RED whereas everything else is in White, it was at like 85 Celius.

That might be the reason the computer is shutting down so quick. I almost got to install XP then it just shuts off. The fan is going on the CPU and another fan in the comp.

Please help :(

did u put ur hsf on right? if its 85 celcius then somethings not connected right did u use thermal paste?

Yeah, Intels normally run cooler than AMD's so 85C is dangerously hot, I'd be crapping my pants if it were that hot. I get paranoid when it's at 55C. You definitely need to make sure the heatsink and fan is set right. If there's a thermal pad there, don't put on grease, remove the pad, but don't scratch the HS. A thin layer of grease is better than an abnormally thick pile of grease. Just put a spot on about the size of a grain of rice and that'll spread across the whole CPU Core. Then put on the HS

its seems that your processor may be overheating or its just your cd-rom can not be detected. what i suggest you is that try get another cd-rom try it out. if it works then is the problem is on your cd-rom.

its seems that your processor may be overheating or its just your cd-rom can not be detected. what i suggest you is that try get another cd-rom try it out. if it works then is the problem is on your cd-rom. another thing go to BIOS check your processor Temperature is should be between 40-60*C

also check the mbd settings for bus speed settings and make sure its correctly set up for the CPU and mem your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom