put in new SONY 52x burner...some probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope that didnt work either. its not a cable issue either cuz my old drive when put back will still work. and the 2nd dvd drive always worked till i unplugged it and put the new drive in all by itself.
so im gonna hook the old dvd player drive back up and leave this "new" disfunctional sony in also until maybe someone figures out what is wrong.
its really making me angry.

my old one....nothing. i ran roxio but it expired now i think. i had a crack that never had a problem with but then there was an update and it asked me for more than just the code and well im ****ed with that program.
i cant just take this as a $40 loss. :(

I hadn't heard of this as a problem, but could it be an IRQ conflict?I know PnP should keep this from happening, but just wondering.Is there a driver disk?I'd totally try cable select.It fixed a problem I had with a generic cd-rw/dvd drive.

im not a computer tech, so i dont know what u just really said. sorry :(
but please guys i am desperate and i dont want to pay another $10 to send it back again.
it must be a problem on this end or i got 2 defective ones :(
anyone located in the DC area where i can bring my comp to you to check?
sean

which version did you have with that roxio

versions before 6 cause all kind of problems with xp (direct cd was the culprit)

insouciant was saying

you have 2 way to hook up cd roms
1.master, slave (MA,SL)
2.Cable Select (CS)

I too had situation where my drive, were not being recognized. and switching from 1 to 2 or vise versa fix the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom