Pushing this little beater video card to the edge..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisman88990

In Runtime
I have been pushing this card to the edge!! lol using RivaTuner.. Sims2 is almost playable on the lowest settings.. just skrewin around till i get enough money to buy a real video card!!

oh yeah and this is been only for my vanta card its like a PCI card or sumthing, my TNT-2 does not seem to be getting recognized. So far i got the core clock at 120 MHz, and the memory clock at 149. And i increased the amount of memory alotted to the card from windows. Lol, just skrewing around, seeing how far i can push it!!

the default, 100 core 125 memory. I think im gunna bump it up alil more, just tried it again. how bout 125 core 165 Memory.. lol

lol nope no extra cooling...the game still is not quite playable yet, but alottt better than it was. The graphics quality is up there, but when i try to scroll the screen, it still lags realy bad. Im quite suprised how far ive got it though. at least it doesent realy lag too much when the screen is still, the people move fine. But just when i wanna scroll the screen, it still lags pretty bad.

I spent about $30 Australian on cooling for my TNT2 ($10 on copper ramsinks, $20 on northbridge cooler which fits on the GPU) and I overclocked it from 142 core and 150 memory to 180 core and 200 memory.

had I not got the cooling, the memory would have died when overclocking, since it ran quite hot without the sinks at stock speeds

Chrisman88990, if you got a pci slot fan under the card, or some how attached a 80mm fan so it blows on the card, im sure you could push it a little further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom