Purchasing 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboychuckles

In Runtime
I have decided to purchase the eVGA 6800GT and normally I would buy it from Newegg, but since I work down the street from TigerDirect I figured I would check out what they had and I found this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1009365&CatId=0

Does this seem 'fishy' to anyone. It has a $30 mail in rebate, but the specs are wrong and TigerDirect is not listed on eVGA's website as an authorized dealer. Could this be the real deal or an imposter? I have bought things from Tiger before and haven't always been too impressed, but if i can drive over after work and pick this up it would be great.

Also, does anyone know or know where I can find the dimensions for a 9700Pro? I have Googled but can only find dimensions for the Mobility Radeon.

Thanks for any ideas and help.

Go over to Zipzoomfly.com, they have free 2nd day shipping. Go there also and search for the Radeon9700, and they should give the dimensions. Any place that sells it usually gives the dimensions.

I heard once that TigerDirect was under investigation by the FBI because their prices were so cheap they thought that Tiger was selling stolen stuff. I dotn know how they came to that conclusion though, they are quite expensive. I dont like Tigerdirect.

Him said:
I heard once that TigerDirect was under investigation by the FBI because their prices were so cheap they thought that Tiger was selling stolen stuff. I dotn know how they came to that conclusion though, they are quite expensive. I dont like Tigerdirect.

Thats interesting

Yeah, a buddy of mines father investigates cyber crimes for the FBI, and thats what he (my buddy) told me.

Under investigation eh? That would probably explain why they are not an authorized dealer and have eVGA merchandise. I'll just order online, its real fun to track the package on the FedEx website anyway. :)

Yeah, you have something to look forward to. It's cool seeing that your package is somewhere different than it was 2 minutes earlier.

WOOHOO!!! Fedex Tracker said it was on the truck for delivery this morning and now my new card is sittin' pretty on my desk. Hmmmm... i think now i will work through lunch so i can get off of work early and get to installing. I cant wait to see the difference between the 6800GT and my old 9700pro.

I bought the exact same card from Tigerdirect 3 week's ago It came 2 week's lster. This card is excellent , work's great. The prices are great, the only thing that sucks is the slow service.

Yeah I definitely bought this card from Newegg. I decided I was done with Tigerdirect after I noticed just about everything i have bought from them is in boxes since it either sucks or is broken. It would be nice though since its real close to my house and work.

I have a 6800GT now and its a Leadtek and its freakin GREAT!!!! I hail all to have a 6800GT!!! Ima give it burn in time and OC this thing to ultra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom