puRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get a hard on looking at it- i never even heard of a terabyte before reading that. with vapor cooling and everything else. very cool indeed

chesman said:
yup, and the way ram is going now, you probably only be able to stick in about 8 gigs of ram. or am iwrong?

i know that with a 32-bit processor you can only address up to 64 gigs of ram (which would cost more than any of us can afford) but if youre planning on using that as HDD storage space, dont hold your breath, RAM dumps its info every time you reboot, so you would lose everything everytime you restart, lol using ram as long term storage is like using your trash can as a filing cabinet, lol

The Truth about PURAM

Okay, ever since I have seen the Mach 3.8. I've been floored... untill I took a closer look. Yes it is impressive but nothing about it is exclusive. all the parts can be bought seperatly. They took great pains to keep the display pics from showing off any manufactuer logos or markings. I was able to locate all the parts seprately...Except for PuRAM. Some threads mention that this drive is really the "ROCKET DRIVE DL". The Rocket Drive is a PCI expansion card that emulates a drive. THE ROCKET DRIVE IS NOT PURAM! I have one so I know.

PuRam is actually called E Disk Flash Disk drive made by Bit Micro Networks.

http://www.bitmicro.com/products_enterprise_highend_ssd.php

Everything you read on the MACH 3.8 site about this drive is true.

You can boot off of it and it's non volitile (no back up battery or power supply like Rocket drive) So Operating and application systems can be run faster than any drive.

Hard drive sizes go from 512 MB - 155.6 GB

These type of drives does require the typical SCSI 320 or Fibre channel or serial ATA host adapter card you would use on any hard drive.

If you are a linux guy like me. The drives are OS independent so format any File system your OS requires.

For Hackers, you can Deep Format Clean the entire drive in a fraction of the time a regular drive would take... Just if those pesky FEDs show up without calling first. HOW RUDE!

OKAY and NOW THE BAD NEWS!
It's a solid state flash disk made for the military and enterprise sectors. SO EXPENSIVE WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATMENT! I'm still getting quotes but I wouldn't be surprised an 8 GB drive would be over $4,000.

Well I hope this helps everyone out and clear up some of the misinformation about this product.

The Truth about PURAM

Okay, ever since I have seen the Mach 3.8. I've been floored... untill I took a closer look. Yes it is impressive but nothing about it is exclusive. all the parts can be bought seperatly. They took great pains to keep the display pics from showing off any manufactuer logos or markings. I was able to locate all the parts seprately...Except for PuRAM. Some threads mention that this drive is really the "ROCKET DRIVE DL". The Rocket Drive is a PCI expansion card that emulates a drive. THE ROCKET DRIVE IS NOT PURAM! I have one so I know.

PuRam is actually called E Disk Flash Disk drive made by Bit Micro Networks.

http://www.bitmicro.com/products_en...highend_ssd.php

Everything you read on the MACH 3.8 site about this drive is true.

You can boot off of it and it's non volitile (no back up battery or power supply like Rocket drive) So Operating and application systems can be run faster than any drive.

Hard drive sizes go from 512 MB - 155.6 GB

These type of drives does require the typical SCSI 320 or Fibre channel or serial ATA host adapter card you would use on any hard drive.

If you are a linux guy like me. The drives are OS independent so format any File system your OS requires.

For Hackers, you can Deep Format Clean the entire drive in a fraction of the time a regular drive would take... Just if those pesky FEDs show up without calling first. HOW RUDE!

OKAY and NOW THE BAD NEWS!
It's a solid state flash disk made for the military and enterprise sectors. SO EXPENSIVE WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATMENT! I'm still getting quotes but I wouldn't be surprised an 8 GB drive would be over $4,000.

Well I hope this helps everyone out and clear up some of the misinformation about this product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom