PSU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterfatal

Baseband Member
do u think a Enermax 431w w Fan controller will be enough to power my comp and a 6600GT video card? is there anyone to know when purchasing used power supplys? also will it work with my comp? i have a presario S6500NX (amd athlon xp 3000+)

find a PSU with atleast 20a rating on the +12v rail is my suggestion to you

I'd suggest an Antec True 430, it'll fit in any standard case, It's ultra quiet, and its highly reliable.

it has 15A on 12v

it just won't cut it (it might, but your stuff probably will.might be damaged)

Antec True 550 MAX (or EPS if your board supports EPS). I use one on my sli machine. my overclocked xp system uses the true 430, both work great.

sounds good but that things wayyy to expensive, im already paying like 189 for the 6600GT as it is, and i just need a powersupply that will be enough for the card and my rig and will fit with no problems

a lot of people will try to get a psu that'll barely get them by, but trust me, you wouldn't want a psu that'll just cut it

if you want a cheap but quality power supply, look at newegg's line of antec truepowers and the thermaltake psus and anything over 20-22A @12V should be a decent psu (stay away from generic brands such as rosewill or raidmax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom