psu for pcix - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to timmer
Default psu for pci express

i dont know much about this stuff but i have pcix and i was told i need a new power supply that is compatible with pcix so if u know what ur doing im up for suggestions price range is under 100$ preferably from newegg but i know it doesnt explain it enought so just a model or anything would be appreciated thnx

Old 01-14-2005, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Megadeth2 Send a message via Yahoo to Megadeth2

First of all, it is PCIe. PCI-X is the 64-Bit version of PCI that runs at 66 MHz instead of 33 MHz (PCI). PCIe runs at a standard clock of 99/100 MHz. So, please do not confuse the two. My friend runs a 580W PSU that he got for under $40 off of Newegg. It is a very nice PSU that I will buy also, soon of course. The PSU is the Powmax Demon 580W. I really like that alot and it is able to power his four SATA HDDs + RAID whatever #, 2 x DVD +/- RW 16x, and his DVD Drive and not to mention the loads of expansion cards he has in there and his overclocked processor and everything else.

Old 01-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to timmer

yea but can it power my pci express because u need a special kind to power the pci express
Intel p4 HT 3.0GHz
1 16x Toshiba dvd burner
2 sticks of corsair ddr2 533mhz 512mb
GeForce Fx 6600GT
Asus P5LD2
480W thermaltake
Closed Thread