PSU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie00

In Runtime
I was planning on making a computer into a very small case, and have run into a problem. The only way to have a motherboard fit correctly would be to have an external power supply. I've checked out Newegg, and their only external PSU is nearly $200.

Would it be unsafe to buy an internal PSU and just use it outside the case? Do they sell extension cables that would reach the internal parts from a slight distance away?

Thanks for your help.

deifntly not the only way , it cant be that small , im sure theres psus that will fit to it fine , what case is it exactly?

It's an old Mac computer (Centris 610) that I was planning on gutting and installing new hardware in. The case is only about three inches high, and would not hold an ATX or microATX motherboard with most power supplies.

i guess that explains it i tought its a pc case :eek: , i wouldnt bother with it just buy a new one , if you alredy got a good psu it wouldnt cost much

The only spare PSU I have is from a old computer, and it's just too large to fit into the case (less than an inch). I've checked on Newegg.com, and they don't say the dimensions of their PSUs.

Building the comp would be a project for me -- I think it would look pretty neat to have a nice gaming comp in a case made for a comp in 1993. Otherwise, I would just buy a new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom