psu amps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually when your PC reboots for no reason and you've troubleshooted all other hardware thats a sign that your PSU is failing. Also the answer to your question is YES

You want the highest rated rails possible, especially the +12v rail, it's hard to find a good PSU with a nice strong +12v Rail.

This thermaltake 560w PSU like I got has a 22a +12v rail, pretty good, I got 10 case fans, 1 CPU fan, 2 in the PSU, OC'd Processor, OC'd RAM, regular graphics card, 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives, and it serves my purposes...if you need more

then there's the Ultra 500w Modular connection PSU which has a +12v rail of 34a!!

I found the antec 550w psu that has a 32A on the 3.3v, a 40A on the 5v, and 36A on the 12v. I cant imagine being able to use all of this power. But with everything in my case and possibly more case fans and another hard drive I dont think I will have to worry about using all the power.

How fast does a psu deterorite, or fail? Does using more of the power speed up the process? Or is it just hours of usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom