Psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanOldw83

Daemon Poster
My power supply in my other computer just blew up... Computer smoke = stinky. Its a Solarmax X2-250 300 watt. I'm not familiar with Power supply replacement because up until now I have never dealt with a problem one. I just wanted to get suggestions on good replacements for it. I'm kinda up shit creek without a paddle here so any help is appreciated.:(

What kind of board and devices are in your PC?
As far as brands go, try TurboLink, Antec and Ultra. Ultra has been in many articles lately for their memory modules...solid manufacturer in my opinion.

-Michael

I bought an ansec 400 watt to replace it. Thanks for the Advice Mike, I'll probably put my specs in my sig someday :).

psu? don't buy cheap!!

i bought a 450 watt x-brand power supply for 40 bucks! a few months ago. it cause me 2 days of pure hell. and a toast mother board with the video card, and 300 dollars to buy the real good stuff. and lost of sleep and hair!. went out bought an antec 430w.at the local store 100 bucks. (could not wait to get it cheaper) the diference in just internal components and weight is like night and day. and very quiet. a lesson well learn!!!!

Preferably buy the same wattage you had on the original else, higher. Never lower.

Be prepared to discover that some other component blew away along with the PSU :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom