PS3 to be unveiled at next E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

markertingop

Banned
TOKYO--Just over a month after Nintendo announced it would unveil its next-generation console--code-named "Revolution"--at E3 2005, Sony has revealed that it will also use the event to debut the successor to the PlayStation 2. Speaking to a group of developers and media this morning, Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi was quoted by Reuters as saying, "There has been some talk that development is not going well, but we expect to have a playable version at E3. We are pushing ahead with that schedule in mind."
Kutaragi did not give a specific release date or a name for the next-generation console, most commonly referred to as the PlayStation 3. However, he did hint that the project is running about one year behind the PSP. Sony's portable is slated to hit Japan by the end of 2004 and America and Europe by March 31, 2005, the end of Sony's current fiscal year.
While surprising in its timing, Kutaragi's announcement jibes nicely with the preconceived order of the next-generation console race. Most analysts had predicted the PS3 to hit the markets in early 2006, several months after Sony stated it will begin mass production of the vaunted Cell processor it is developing with Toshiba and IBM. On the software side, Kutaragi said the first version of the PS3Â’s development kit will be distributed to developers during the first half of Sony's 2006 fiscal year (calendar Q2 and Q3 2005), followed by the second SDK in the second half (calendar Q4 2005 and Q1 2006).
Sony's announcement also means that Microsoft is now the only major console maker who has not committed to show its next-gen device, most often called the Xbox Next, at E3 2005. The announcement also likely rattled some nerves in Redmond, since Microsoft has publicly stated that the Xbox Next would beat the PlayStation 3 to market.
Prior to Sony's announcement, its shares closed today at 4,020 yen ($37.29), up 20 yen ($0.19).

Nice article, but promoting of your website isn't allowed :)

Im probably the only person here that feels this way, but i dont think Xbox2 or PS3 is going to be anything special. Im pretty positive both are going to have 256bit videocards,. With games desgined for them. I bet Xbox2 will have Dual video cards.

I say this because for computers that hardware is already out. So why get excited if its in a console. But most people dont know that. What i hope for and what would really surprise me is if they went 512bit video cards.

agreed about the video cards, give ppl a reason to buy a console along with PC. but i think the same thing is gonna happen as has happen with the last consoles, the pplp who no nothing about computing but a playstation, the ppl who think they know sumthing buy a xbox, and the ppl who just wanna play top quality games buy a nintendo. (just my optinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom