PS2 to Usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
Ok I have no clue if this is the proper place for this or not? Does anyone know how to modify a PS2 (playstation 2) paddle to be USB WITHOUT and adapter?

Hello,

It tricky. There are several guides on the Internet which shows you how to convert a PS2 controller to parallel, like this guide: http://www.emulatronia.com/reportajes/directpad/psxeng/index.htm , however, it requires a number of components, and your time. And to add, this mod requires several programs in order for the controller to be functional, it isn't USB (unless you invested in a parallel DB-25 to USB adaptor, which wouldn't be money wise) and chances are this type of mod will have compatibility issues.

If you were converting an XBOX controller to USB, it would be so much more easier.

My advice would be to invest in a PS2 controller to USB adaptor.

I have few of the adapters already, I'm looking for something to pass the time, because I'm stuck at home for the next few days baby sitting and I need something to do. I like to build things and this something I was wonder how to do it. I might have a spare Xbox controller around hmmmmmmm

sup2jzgte05 said:
I have few of the adapters already, I'm looking for something to pass the time, because I'm stuck at home for the next few days baby sitting and I need something to do. I like to build things and this something I was wonder how to do it. I might have a spare Xbox controller around hmmmmmmm

If you do find an xbox controller, it is extremely straight forward. Just cut both your xbox wire, and your usb wire that you're using open. On the USB cord, you'll find a ground, a green, a black, a white, and ... I wanna say a blue.

On the xbox, you'll find the same except you'll find a yellow too. Get rid of yellow...we don't want yellow.

Then just color-match-up the wires, connect grounds, and download this:
http://www.redcl0ud.com/files/XBCDv107.exe

Yup. :)

The hardest part (for me) was taping the like hair-width wires with electrical tape. I highly suggest some shrinkwrap, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom