PS2 Extension Cable Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2005, 07:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default PS2 Extension Cable Problems

any help on this really appreciated.

i want to put my pc's base unit in another room (because of the noise) to that of my montior/keyboard & mouse. i've bought all the relevant extension cables to achieve this and everything works except the PS2 extension cables (15m). both mouse and keyboard are dead (no lights, no response).

however, these cables work on another PC, so they do work.

i've tried a couple of branded cables (lindy, belkin) and both have the same response. my pc will not work with ps2 extension cables. it's so frustrating.

i thought it might be a power thing (since the cables are 15m). i've unplugged a couple of the case fans to reduce power consumption, but still the same results.

pc spec: pentium 4 3.2Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 160Gb Seagate Barracuda, 400W PSU, 9800 pro ATI, Logitech keyboard, Microsoft Mouse (USB with PS2 adapter).

getting very stressed out by this and any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Make sure you have the mouse and keyboard plugged into the right ports. My mobo doen't like it when they are reversed (and it is logical that that probably happens on others too). And it would be exceedingly easy to flip a 15m long pair of cables

AGP won\'t fit in PCI-E... unless you use a really good hammer. ~Trotter
Old 04-30-2005, 04:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

thanks digitaloracle. unfortunately that's not the case. keyboard and mouse are definitely in the right ports, but thanks anyway.
Closed Thread