PS/2 Issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulf

Solid State Member
Hi all,

Great place here with tons of info and I'm glad I found it. I have an issue with my ps/2 ports and am hoping someone can offer some advice.

I recently built a new pc. I'm a little rusty since the last one I built was about 4 years ago, but not much has changed and the process was quite simple. Upon initial boot, the system couldn't detect the keyboard (ps/2) and I kept getting the "no keyboard detected" error which annoyingly tells me to press F1. :mad: I tried a few other keyboards and had the same problem. My guess at the time was that the motherboard was defective; and upon closer look there seemed to be a few areas on the board that was black/melted a looked burnt (right by the ps/2 area).

I exchanged the mb for a new one, only to have the same problem again. Just out of the blue I decided to try a usb keyboard and it worked! The ps/2 mouse didn't work either so I switched everything to usb. I'm glad the newer hardware support usb as I recall in the past they didn't unless configured to do so later on.

Though everything is now running fine, I'm still baffled about the ps/2 issue as both the ports will not detect anything and I'd like to free up my usb ports. I've checked the cmos settings and everwhere else I could think of and even reset the motherboard. Any suggestions?

TIA,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom