Protecting my hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
I think I'm going to bring my rig to college, and I want to protect it from theft. I know I kinda have another topic about this but it was originally about case modding, and now it isn't, so I'm making a new topic.

Originally, I wanted to buy from here: Tryten Technologies Inc.*::*Your shopping cart

I don't know if you can see my cart so I had

this: Tryten Technologies Inc.*::*Computer Cable Locks*::*Computer Cable Lock T5
this: Tryten Technologies Inc.*::*Security Accessories*::*T-Series Cable CaseLock
this: Tryten Technologies Inc.*::*Security Accessories*::*T-Series Cable U-Clip

However, that site wanted a minimum $100 purchase.

So I found a different site.

Computer-Security.com : CSP-750: Economy Cable Kit 750 [CSP-750] - $19.95
Computer-Security.com : HXN-510: Hex Fastener [HXN-510] - $1.95
Computer-Security.com : TRP-575: Cable Trap [TRP-575] - $5.95

My monitor does have the little slot for the security clip, and my antec 900 has two holes in the back, so I won't even need the adhesive mount. If I went with another kit that didn't have the clip, then yeah, I'd need it for my monitor.

A few questions. Number one, do you think that that cable is tough enough to withstand stuff like wire clippers? Number two, do you think the cable is going to fit that hex lock thing so people can't open my case? It doesn't say it is necessarily compatible.

Finally, does anyone know of any alternatives with a combination lock? I don't like using keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom