processors and internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
it isn't correct, but it does get the point across. See basicly technology is evolving and we all know it.. it used to be fast was a dial up at 14.5kb a sec. now 56k modems are slow to us. however i was going to mention the heat thing... water cooling isn't good enough to keep it up either.

ps
nice story bout my opinion static_11

I don't think Moore's laws were written to be taken as scientific fact... just ideas and a general guideline.

ANd back then, it would have made more sense. They didn't have processors that burned hotter then the sun.

FadingTheory said:
I don't think Moore's laws were written to be taken as scientific fact... just ideas and a general guideline.

Obviously :).

But the point is it has been somewhat reliable for a very long time. How it will continue into the future is another story considering the problems associated with miniaturization.

whoa.. mini processors... *shiny eyed...* woooow.. lol..... yeah.. ipods holding like 30 hours of music now?? ten years ago computers sucked compared to todays standards... and blitze.. shut up..jk bro... lol ...14.5kbsp is only 5 kbps slower than mine!!

I HAD AOL FOR THREE YEARS!!!!!!! IT WAS HELL!!!!!!!*shudders*

AOL: Welcome, You got Mail!

2 years ago computers suck to what we have now.

I wonder when we will be able to dump binary and move on to actual hexidecimal computing... yes, FAR away from now, and yes, I do know the problems... but that would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom