Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

martinez

Beta member
AMD V INTEL PROCESSORS

CURRENTLY NEW TO THE COMPUTER WORLD AND LOOKING TO BUILD MY FIRST COMPUTER. FINDING IT HARD TO DECIDE WHICH ROAD TO GO DOWN AMD OR INTEL. LOOKING TO SPEND ABOUT £150-200 ON A DECENT PROCESSOR BUT, WHAT DO I CHOOSE.WILL BE USING THE COMPUTER FOR BASIC PHOTO EDITING AND SOME GAMING. ANY SUGGESTIONS??
ANY OPINIONS ON THE ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE MOTHERBOARD,WAS RECOMMENDED IT BUT, LOOKING FOR OUR OPINIONS?? THANKS

look at some of

centrino processors for laptops,
AMD Athalons are very high quality for gaming,
intel pentium 4's are well known, but expensive.

Take a look at the sticky post AMD vs INTEL for more info.

I could've sworn that I saw a whole 10 page thread on this somewhere.

But I'll save you the time.

If you're only going into that very basic level of photo editing (ie. photoshop), then you could probably go with an AMD. Unless your a 3D animator or you do video editing for a living, an Intel just seems overpriced and not really advantageous for that basic level.

If you're looking for a specific chip, I would suggest a 3200+ Venice. It's more than enough for gaming and easily overclocked to a 3500+, but not with the stock cooler.

If you get a motherboard, get an Asus, and if I were you, I would get a pentium. If you plan to do mostly photo edting, check out some of intel's celeron (it's under rated), photo editing really only needs 1-2 GHz of speed, but at least 256mb RAM. If you do mostly gaming, definitely go for an AMD, i would reccomend the athlons.

If your gaming, AMD, that's the way it is and it's cheaper.

Also for AMD the best motherboard that's reasonaly priced your looking at is the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

AMD processors also kind of kill Intel at photoshop. So its AMD for you if your using photoshop for your photo editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom