processor zapped??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmypageisgod

Baseband Member
my friend was helping me make my new comp and he placed a temp gauge thing from my Tt fan on the bottem of the processor... except a wire might have keeped all of the pins from going all the way in.

could this have zapped my processor??

thanks

umm...you need to take out the wire and make sure that it isnt blocking the cpu from going in...

i know that but, i took out the wire and im having other problems like its starts up for a fraction of a second and shuts off

i was wondering i u think anything is broken

You might not have the fan installed correctly, you might not have good memory, you might have alot of issues. Try checking everything to make sure.

but do think that my processor could of gotten zapped??

i cant tell about the mem. untill my friend gets home

i reistalled all the hardware and it dose the same thing

AMD Atholon 2700
Thermaltake Volcano 9
ESC KT600-A
BFG MX 4000 64MB vid card
512MB DDR 2700
350 watt PSU
(2) 120GB WDC 7200rpm hard drives
DVD-Rom drive
CD-RW 48x24x48

there was a posiblity that some of the pins on my processor weren't all the way in while the others were. after turning on the power, the fans went on and started to start bet then died and wouldnt start again for about an hour. It dose the same thing every time.

thats it not much more i know

OH.. noob question, on the top of my processor there is a small rectangle. i thought it was the heatsink for the processor but i wasn't shure, anyway a little bit of the rectangle has been broken off. i was wondering if this was actully the heatsink of the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom