processor questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
ok guys heres the deal
ive been saving my cash for a while and im about ready to build myself a whoel new system. i want a pretty much top of the line everything so i need a lil help choosing processors. its down to either a pentium 4 3.2 ghz, amd 64 3200, amd xp 3200. i was even thinking mabe two (2) amd +2800 mp's, or some lower level operton (1.6ghz?). im open to any suggestions itl be mostly gaming, mp3s and a little video editing.
thnks

Both processors are big and fast. I know a lot of people would advise you to go with AMD for gaming, but that 3.2 GHz P4 is a fast CPU, and would run any game very well, with a good video card.

Well, at first I wanted a 64 too... but I dont feel like being a guinea pig for hardware that the market hasnt ironed out yet. I then decided upon a XP Barton 3200+, and THEN decided that the difference between the 3000+ and the 3200+ wasnt worth $130 to me. A have a budget well over $2000 but I feel I would regret spending $130 on 0.1GHz of operating frequency. Plus considering Im going from a XP 2000+ to a 300+ barton, I will see more than enough of a change. So I decided on a 300+ and got myself a nice 5.1 system instead.

Yea i was leaning towards the amd side of things anyway. But what about dual amd 2800+ mp(s)? Its about the same cost as a p4 3.2ghz and i was wondering if 2 processors would give me any benifite in gaming. from what i hear the answer is no

for gaming sides of the thing amd is way better than a pentium 4 for gaming but for other things pentium is better, just depends on what you are going to use you comp for

no multiple processor does not make most games run faster. i think the exception is quake? i agree with Shrapnill go with xp3000. anything more is a waste of money. no point in getting top-of-the-line, it just makes you broke faster not your pc, well not for long anyways.

good stuff

thanks guys the xp 3000+ it is. im thinking about going for either abit or asus on the mobo. sound good?

I went Asus. Once again the middle ground for me was the A7N8X-E DX (Deluxe). $120 and everything I need.

But Abit is great too.

andro said:
for gaming sides of the thing amd is way better than a pentium 4 for gaming but for other things pentium is better, just depends on what you are going to use you comp for

Depend on how the game is wroted by author, so results is they are both equal on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom