Not open for further replies.

aznmandhs

Baseband Member
Which processor is better and why?

AMD Athlon 64Bit 3200+ or Pentium 4 - 3.2GHz and both of them with 800 FSB

I need to know this info because I am going to buy a gaming computer soon

Thanks

aznman

They are pretty equal though, if you want a system that will last for the future, than the 64 bit AMD is the way to go.

Processor

Hello again
Is the Pentium 4 - 3.2GHz a 64 bit also? What is this 64 bit? Thanks

No the P4-3.2 is not a 64bit Processor ..

64 bit processor's are the future ..... Read more on it on AMD's website .. it's got some nice info there

64 bit allows for more bandwidth for data, most server CPU's(Itanuim and the such) are 64 bit, and now AMD has introduced 64 bit processing into the desktop PC with the AMD64. When applications become compatible with 64 bit, you won't have to upgrade to a 64 bit processor, the AMD64 is also backward compatible with 32 bit apps aswell obviously. All Intel's are 32 bit.

AMD 64's are good long term investments;)

because when 64 bit games and applications come out....the P4 will me a thing of the past

and by the way the Pentium 4 is not 64-BIT it is only 32 like most processors............I would say go with the AMD 64 3400...but the 3200 is good too

Dont go with the AMD 64 FX-51....it's as fast as a AMD 64 3400 but witha a cuple xtras for a lot more money

ya...go with AMD 64 3400...it will last u a long time....also u should get this graphic card.......

http://www.acortech.com/.sc/ms/dd/1...B%20DDR%208X%20AGP%20Video%20Card%20Retail%20

really good for the price

aznmandhs i think when they say "the future" they are talking about 64 bit operating systems like windows longhorn. as for me i tend not to worry about the future until it gets here. 64bit won't be here for quite a while, by that time you will start seeing much faster processors.

I definitely agree with the moderator. By the time Windows is 64bit, you'll need to upgrade. My suggestion is to get either a dual celeron chip or get a dual P4, it'll be just the same as a 64bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom