Processor Query!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz_s420

Beta member
i recently got a computer built from a local store. i had ordered a 2.6GHZ AMD ATHLON processor. the day after i picked it up, i was generally going through the computer and happened to go to system properties. here it said AMD ATHLON 1.10GHZ! i rang up the store and the guy said to me that this was his fault and the reason was because when they install a processor they set it to the lowest size so it doesnt malfunction and blow? and they usually change this at a later date which he says he forgot to do.

i dont know a lot about computers so can anyone tell me if they reckon this guy is telling the truth?

Well first dude, I don't understand what you mean by 2.6ghz amd. Do you mean amd athlon xp 2600+. IF so. To set it to stock speeds. You'd have to go into the bios and set ur fsb up. The stock speed for 2600+ i believe is 1.91 ghz. So you would do multi x fsb= 1.91 ghz which is the operating frequency. Now about blowing ur comp up, i dunno wut he's saying. Maybe he is saying that, u dont have sufficient cooling or good airflow. So i suggest maybe u get a few case fans, and a beter hsf. Hope i helped in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom