Processor Problems on A7N8X-VM/400 MOBO -- need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzø386

Beta member
Hey, i just got a new PC Built from PC Infinity Systems, and i had them install the MOBO (ASUS A7N8X-VM/400), 512 MB Memory, Processor (AMD Athlon XP 3000+) and hook the fans up. When i recieved it, i transfered My CD Drives, 40 GIG HD with Windows XP Pro on it, and my floppy, AGP ATI Radeon 9600XT Video card, Sound Blaster Card. I repaired windows so it would work with the new mobo, and everything works fine, except that it detects my processor as an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ at 1.4 GHZ, when its an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. I called the tech support and they verified that they did install an AMD Athlon XP 3000+, and not the 1800+. The BIOS that comes with the mobo doesn't allow you to setup the processor settings at all FYI. What do you sugest? I thought maybe change the jumpers to support it but i don't know what settings to put them on. Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated. I'm at a loss of what to do.

Perhaps you should check for a bios update? The motherboard may not recognize it because it doesn't have the micro code for that chip.

Updated to latest BIOS, and no change at all. :( PC Infinity is replacing my motherboard and processor free, but thanks for all the help. Found out that the A7V8X-MX is way better for OCing + etc. Thanks for reply :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom