Processor determines RAM amount too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
You know how 32 bit processors can only support a RAM comacity of 4 gigabytes? I have read that 64 bit processors can support up to 16 exabytes.
I noticed this all by 2 to the 32 power is roughly 4 Gigabytes you could say and 2 to the 64 power is 16 exabytes you could say. How can the amount of bits a processor can process in a clock cycle for example determine the total ram you can have in your system?

dont say that . . . i still remember my dad saying . . . "who will ever need 64mb of video memory?"

lol, alright, i guess we say things like that for the time being is was i really meant. for the time being we dont NEED and exabye. i'm sure we will in the future though, well, i know we will. lol.

that will be usfully if in the future thy can do away with HD's and just use an exabyte of memory in the same kinda interface as a ram dimm, but rewriteable, like a memcard. tha would be hellofa lot faster, and no moving parts would mean u never loose data.

yep . . . that would be great . . .

of course then . . . my friend would have no use for his 6 (yes, SIX) hard drives! LOL

totaling more than 1.35TB . . .

WHO NEEDS THAT KIND OF STORAGE?!?!?

i know people who only need 13.5GB!

MY ALAH! that is a lot of hdd space. my friend has 13.whatever gb of just music in his mp3 player...now that's a lot of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom