Processor Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprikit

Beta member
I have a processor with 2.6 GHz speed. When I installed it on my motherboard whose original processor was 1.7 GHz it only reads the former as 2.0 GHz instead of its real speed which is 2.6 GHz no matter how I adjust speed ratios in the CMOS setup. Does updating its BIOS would solve the problem? Please someone, I need some advice!:confused:

what processor and what motherboard do you have... need more info before can give advice

Make sure your BIOS is set to your "factory" set speeds for your p4. Your BIOS could of underclocked it. Also make sure your motherboard supports that speed and fsb of your new cpu.

Sprikit, i have never heard of a mobo that supports from 1.7ghz to 2.6ghz. You really have to becarefull when you install processors on mobo's!

Im pretty positive that mobo supports 533mhz FSB. I would think if it originally supports 1.7ghz, it probably would only support 2.4ghz. I could be wrong, but before you even dare to install a processor, you must be positive about these things.

My AsusP4B was installed with a 1.7 and only goes up to 2.0 I think. If your board only supports the 2GHz clock speed, it will downgrade any excess speed. Hope this is not the case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom