processor blown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliketea

Solid State Member
Hi. My friend had a motherboard (FIC KT-748) that he had bought several months ago and ended up not using. My family's computer has an ECS socket A mobo (can't remember the model) with an AMD Athlon T-bird, 1.33ghz, 266mhz FSB. It's basically just used for web browsing, word processing, email, and stuff like that. Anyway, my friend gave me this FIC mobo for free since he never even opened the box. I figured I would put it in the family computer since it was a bit outdated and could use some new parts and he was giving me the mobo for FREE after paying like 70 bux for it. I put the mobo in and hooked everything up and turned it on. Right away I got a BIOS checksum error, so I checked the CMOS jumper and then cleared the CMOS and put the jumper back in default position. Still got the problem. I didn't have the time to try and fix the problem, so I took it out and put the old mobo back in. Turned on the computer and nothing happened. The monitor didnt even turn on. No beeps either.

I'm thinking the FIC motherboard is faulty and blew the processor, but I figured I would post the problem to see if anybody had any other ideas before my parents by a new processor and possibly motherboard.

Sounds more like you have a wire loose somewhere. I seriously doubt that the mobo blew the CPU. And even if you damaged the CPU switching it in or out, the BIOS would still beep a code for it.

If you're getting nothing, then there's no power. Recheck all of your connections.

the computer turns on, along with all of the fans, i can hear the hd. there's just nothing on the monitor.

did u check whether the mobo given by your friend can support your processor

I can't seem find any connections that are wrong. is it possible something else got damaged instead that's causing this, such as the vid card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom