Probs from Ram???

Status
Not open for further replies.
no name, stuff u get at computer shows for very good "cheap" price. i got 512 ddr 2100 (2 256)

Well ya, i guess since it is just plain ole generic and has no major backing, i guess there is a higher chance of a chip being faulty.

so in that case, ya, if you come across a fualty chip and dont know it to be faulty, then you will get problems wiht your computer, like stuff not working properly, or POST errors while checking ram, but dealing with the hdd, i dont think it would screwup your hdd

sounds like what am getting, but i had these sticks for like a yr and a half. but i went through like 7 RAMz with maxtor since then.
what steps should i take to fix my comp from crashs while just chillin on the net, playing games, and watching DVDz

well, if you have been sueing this generaic ram for the past year and kpt replaceing it, well why not get some non-generic ram?

what type does your board support?

no error, just die on me. loud clicks and what not. i do dl alot but come on 7 hdz in about a yr and a half

wait, you went through 7 hard drives!!?? holy crap, lol.
well now thats a problem, what type of power supply you running? maybe it is burning them out, or osmething else. Well i cant think of anything off the top of my head, but ill look into it.

Microbell, you seem to be on this as well a bit, what do you think?

ok i did that mem test, let it do 45 tests which took 21hrs and then i stopped it. all of them were good i guess b\c i had no errors reported. last time i formated was about 3months ago. ps is a 300 watt

Without knowing more -- I would suggest a new PS. Especially if you have a DVD-Rom, CD Burner, add-ons, add-ons....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom