probley a dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
I notice when i got into my bios and look at the temp , I notice the temp rises while sitting in the bios . My question is , Does sitting in the bios put a load on the cpu ? thus raising the temp of the cpu . I know its probley a dumb question but i can see the temp riseing while in bios , and this isnt after the system has bin off its from an imediate reboot from windows , i never shut my computer off .

just a few degrees , stops about 45 c while sitting in bios , my cpu is over clocked from 1800 to 2007 mhz useing the fsb to 223 . but its about the same as when i wasnt overclocked so im worried about that . just wondering about the bios thing .

It sounds like a bios thing, because you said it was the same thing before you had over clocked it. What are your typical temps in windows ideling and full load?

Being in the BIOS dosent put a load on your processor, since the BIOS is a physical chip right on your motherboard, the processor is never needed to access it or configure it. I was going to suggest that it is because you are overclocked, but then you said it was the same problem before you overclocked, so that made it a little bit more difficult.

Try going into the BIOS severla times, at different points, and recording each time what the starting temperature was. If, say, when you go into the BIOS and it starts at 100 and it goes to 115, and then you restart and use your computer for a while and then go back into the BIOS, is the temperature back at 100 and starts to rise, or does it start to rise from 115?

No question is dumb, dont sweat it. Everytime you ask a question, you learn something new. Does anyone see a problem with learning something or the will to ridicule someone for wanting to learn? I certainly dont.

It does put some load on the CPU as you'll never see the idle temps in windows be the same as in the BIOS.

My CPU will idle 31C in windows while hitting 35C in the BIOS, and it's not a BIOS reading issue.

But thats also due to a CPU Disconnect function in which it goes into an idle state to take ALL processing away from it basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom