problems with windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
Hi every one, I got another old PC given to me that was all messed up. I got it running again but I can't get and sound out of it. I installed windows 98 on it with the disks we got with our old Pionex PC. I thought that all the trouble we had with or old PC was the PCs fault, freezing all the time, error messages all the time, trouble with downloading stuff, screen savers freezing, things like that. Anyway this PC does all the same things, I am wondering if some versions of 98 just sucked that bad or is it maybe my install disk has a problem. I realy like XP on our good PC, I guess my question is what has to be done to a PC to run a different windows like SE? Or would I be better off going back to 95? My brother said he had much less trouble with his old PC with 95 than when he updated to 98, he went back to 95.anyone else out there have so much trouble with 98? Tom

Her is some info on the oldie but goody PC, Its a Packard Bell with a 3GB hard drive, I added a old 1.50 GB hard drive I had here, Intel Celeron processor, 266MHz and 32MB of SDRAM. Its a powerful thing isn't it LOL. Tom

You might have more luck with this question if you posted it in the Operating Systems & Software section.

:)

Hi TomW, I have another computer and it's older than yours (Intel MMX, 166 MHz, 32 MB Ram).
I've used it for 4 years with Win98 SE but it has not any serious problems.
So I think you should use Win98 SE
:eek:

last night it started acting real weird after making some updates off the net, nothing worked right so I finally put in the 98 intall disk and did windows uninstall and it redid itself and acts alot better so far, at least it doesn't have a frozen screen saver this morning. :D Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom