Problems with USB 2.0 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

etoufee

Beta member
hi, when i instal my usb card (Ali 2.0) onto my pc (windows 98SE), i can use my scanner (usb, not parallel) just about 1 maybe 2 times, then every time i start my computer, when im working it just restarts randomly... it does this often. It's not until i remove the USB card that it discontinues shutting down on it's own. please help me, i have many things that need a usb port, and i don't have a USB card that i can use. I would like to get it installed sometime soon...if you can help me, please do so...thanks! God bless.

yes, Win98 doesn't work with USB well.
You may try to use a new driver or patch (try to search it on www.microsoft.com).
Another problem is a power unit. If you have a little power unit you may have a problem with it because USB needs much power than most of devices and ports.
Can you write - your OS restarts when you connect USB device to USB port or when you work without USB devices?

my OS restarts when my USB 'card' is plugged into my motherboard... whether i have any devices connected doesn't matter. i need serious help... i have many things needing a usb connection.... thanks for you help so far... God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom