problems with shading on x800XL - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master Techie

Its all PS 3.0. If it werent for that, i would be the happiest person on earth, at least in terms of vid cards :P

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to beedubaya

Quote:
Originally posted by dhw200
Its all PS 3.0. If it werent for that, i would be the happiest person on earth, at least in terms of vid cards :P
Yeah, ATI not including Pixel Shader 3.0 was a terrible movie. Especially since games are starting to require it. When I bought my X800 Pro, I thought it would last me at least a few years. I was wrong...its already freaking time for a new video card, and I just blew $400. ATI fanboys try to say that Pixel Shader 3.0 is no big deal and they try to defend their purchaces, but the introduction of PS3.0 is really the biggest advancement in graphics technology I think I've ever seen. And since game manufacturers are not coding for Pixel Shader 2.0b (which can create the same effects but with more lines of code), ATI users have pretty much taken a stab in the heart, being forced to play games in DX8 in a DX9c world.

Old 04-29-2005, 06:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie

They wont make PS 3.0 shader required, as there are still too many ATI users, they would blow a large hole in the market. It does make me a little pissed at ATI. Ive had better experiences with them than nvidia, which is y i went for them, but we'll see about next time...

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 04-29-2005, 06:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Monster Techie

"Its all PS 3.0."

Your right i almost bought the X800XT when these cards were 1st released but the non support for PS3.0 kinda ticked me off .
The more i studied the card , the less it interested me (old hardware tweaked out ) .PS 3.0 opened the door for alot of advancements in game developing
Asus P8Z68-V Pro / Gen 3
8 GIG Corsair Vengeance
eVGA GTX 570
SB Audigy2 Platinum
Kingston Hyper X120 SSD
WIN 7 - 64b
LG Blue Ray Super Multi Burrner
Logitech THX Z560
3x120mm - 1x200 mm case fans
Old 04-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by beedubaya
And since game manufacturers are not coding for Pixel Shader 2.0b (which can create the same effects but with more lines of code), ATI users have pretty much taken a stab in the heart, being forced to play games in DX8 in a DX9c world.
I thought the x800pro fully supported DX9, doesnt it?

And about Pixel Shader 2.0b, if it could create the same effects with the same peformance, why wouldnt company's start coding in 2.0b, expisally since their ATI prefered games like chaos theroy and farcry.

Also does HL2's HDR use PS3, and ATI paid off valve, but you cannot run the game full on ati cards :amazed:
Old 04-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Because as he said, its longer coding. ATi really did make a mistake with not including the 3.0 when Nvidia did.