Problems with nvidia ide/ata drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
I recently thought that I had a hard drive problem because when I went in and did dskchk it said it had errors. I did a fix but the problem still existed. Many times when I would reboot it would take me to the safe mode, start normally page. Sometimes it would boot just fine. Well, after returning the hard drive and reinstalling xp pro sp2 I started installing things. After installing the nvidia drivers the problem started again. I rolled back the 2 ide/ata drivers to the microsoft drivers and now for over a day I have had no problems. The motherboard is the chaintech vnf3-250. The drivers I got from chaintech don't seem to work. They are not the most recent drivers as they are like 4.24 or something like that and the ones from nvidia are 4.6 or something close. Should I just go to the nvidia site and try theirs or just stay with what I have because it now works.

Well, I'm a pretty big fan of the "don't fix want isn't broken" motto.

SP2 is known for a number of compatibility issues so that may very well be it, you could try rolling back to SP1 if you wanted.

If your installing the SDW IDE Drivers then uninstall them, they have many issue's with some systems. Thats why i no longer select them to be installed when im updating my motherboard drivers.

I rolled back the drivers. Would it be necessary to uninstall? What about the new drivers from nvidia?

Just built another computer and just for kicks tried the sw drivers again. SAME DAMN problem. I just read somewhere that there is an issue with benq dvdrw an the firmware. Anyone hear of such an issue? I will try and work it out I guess or just roll back the swdrivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom