Problems With My Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom hearts you

Beta member
Okay...when I turn my computer on the computer starts to run but the monitor does not come on (the light doesnÂ’t turn green) I do not hear my computer make the beeps it usually made, my friend said the problem is that its probably my motherboard because if it was the processor the computer wouldnÂ’t even turn on at all...I figured out that it wasnÂ’t nothing like my hard drive/graphics card/sound because I put these things in my computer IÂ’m on now. I've narrowed it down to the motherboard or the processor.

It could possibly be your ram. I have seen cases where bad ram has caused a computer not to display video.

Have you tried just starting the system with the memory, a PCI video card and processor? Could be a conflicting device or problems with any component that is attached to the Mobo. That is the best way to test to see where the problem is. I suggest using a PCI video card cause if the problem is in the AGP port, you will not get anything on the screen. This way, you can check to see what is working where too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom