Problems with multiple webcams

mythlover

Beta member
Hi,

I'm a student and currently doing my thesis about micro facial-expression. For this purpose I'm using 6 usb webcams (microsoft lifecam studio) connected directly to my pc's usb ports. With this setup, i wish i can record two people talking to each other and each person's face could be seen from three different angles: front, left side, and right side. I could do this with 6 instances of VLC media player running simultaneously at 640*480 resolution max.

Problems arise when i want to live stream the conversation using the same six webcams. Now, i have to simultaneously record all six webcams while at the same time feed my vicon program (i'm using oovoo) to livestream the video using all the same webcams. I've tried several software (manycam, splitcam, and magic camera) that can record and at the same time shares the resources to be used by oovoo. The problem is none of the above programs can run in several instances at the same time. At this time i can only record AND livestream three of my webcams.

I really appreciate any suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom