Problems with Cd-Rom - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Problems with Cd-Rom

OK here's the story: I put a CD-R into the cdrom so I could back up some files. After I was finished backing up I went to eject the cd and a red light came on. I tried restarting it and turning it off and on but it still wouldn't eject and the busy light was constantly on. I was finally able to eject it while the computer was booting up. Sometimes it will give me my cds back and sometimes it won't. What's my problem? I have a "CD-Writer Plus" 4x4x32 with no emergency eject hole

PS I had no trouble reading the cd or accessing it.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pilotwings119 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotwings119

ive never heard of a drive with no emergency eject hole.. thats odd. it sounds like your drive doesnt like the cds that you're trying to burn on. try new CD-Rs, and even try a different burning program (what are you using?).

Old 02-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

4x4x32 ? Hmmm.. very old. Maybe the CD-R 's are too new or something. You could get a new burner, you can get a really good one for $20 on newegg.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Let me take a wild guess that your ROM is made by Smart & Friendly if it is, get rid of it their burners where all junk and they still are. Buy your self a yamaha or sony for 20-70
Old 02-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I've been using the same brand of CD-Rs for quite awhile and this is the first time I've had troubles. I use Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 to burn. And yes the burner is old I suppose I need a new one anyway.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pilotwings119 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotwings119

if you have XP, try just using the drag and drop burning. then of course you have to click Write Files to a CD.

Closed Thread