problems with Athlon quad core - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question problems with Athlon quad core

hello there, A few months ago I bought myself an Athlon Quad core machine thinking it would be the bees knees. While it works OK in many ways and is quite fast I have had problems. One thing that is very frustrating is that it often won't close down, I have to press and hod the start button to turn it off, sometimes it will shut down but never without showing the screen which says wait for programmes to close. I have three machines in all another desktop and a laptop, I have installed System Mechanic 7 proffessional on all machines, this works perfectly on my other desktop also on the laptop. But with the quad core I get error message at every boot-up, this says your computer may be in danger Iolo anti-virus not enabled, then a second message saying unable to load real-time scanner. I have tried repeatedly to do both things but without success. Is the fact that the machine is a quad core affecting the software? if so can anyone recommend software that would solve this problem. I do like the Iolo product which has given excellent protection to my other machines. If anyone has any advice I would be very grateful. Many thanks Peter

Old 10-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart
Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891
Default Re: problems with Athlon quad core

The PC not shutting down has nothing to do with the CPU. Instead it has more to do with the wire arrangement on your motherboard. As far as the virus protector shutting down on you. That I have no answer for.

Closed Thread