problems after new Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

free_rider20

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a new 512 MB stick of ram. The computer ran fine for a little while then the next time I turned it on it has no video output. It sounds like everything is booting fine. I have a AMD athlon XP 2500+ that is overclocked slightly and a Shuttle AN35N ultra with the nForce 2 ultra 400 chipset. It had 512 ram before the upgrade. The computer ran fine overclocked with the one stick of ram. Does anyone have any idea about what the problem might be?

its not the vid card, already checked that and tried a PCI vid card. I have tried every combination of RAM possible using 2 512 sticks and a 256 stick. I have tried another HDD as well.

I dont know the specifics of your RAM, but you might want to try switching the order of your 512 sticks around, I dont know if you have dont that or not, because what i get from what you said earlier is that you added even more RAM. You should take that stick back say it caused system abnormalities and get another one just like it and go from their I guess.

I've already switching the order of the ram. I'm positive it is not a problem with the ram. Do you think that my processor is fried? Could it be a problem with the MB?

yeah sounds like you might have some MOBO problems. Make sure that the slots are all cleaned out and the area around them, have you tried putting the RAM is different slots. I dont know how many you have... but like if you have 4 slots you can put one in the first slot and one in the last slot... I dont know if you have tried that yet... but if that doesnt work, you might have a problem with your motherboard. You should look it up and see if other people have that problem. You might also want to check into upgrading your MOBO's BIOS if you havent already done so. Good Luck

Ok is your computer doing the single beep, and if it isnt, did you computer ever do the single beep upon booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom