Athlon 64 3200 Socket 939
XFX GeForce 6600 GT
2* 512MB PC3200 Crucial RAM
120GB SATA WD Drive
1 DVD Burner/CD Burner
21' CRT at 1024*768.

So I put it all together and installed and updated VIA Chipset/AMD,NVidia
drivers. The problem starts when I run aquamark or 3dmark. The screen goes
blank and my monitor indicates that there's no video output. I restart and everything is fine unless I run the tests again.

Secondly, the performance on NBench is low, about 2400. I dont know what
could cause that. I'd appreciate any advice about every part and driver etc
that I need to tweak/change/update. Its the first computer I've built and
everything could help.

thanks

Prakrit Jena

well that is a very good card so its likely to be the drivers. you might try uninstalling the old ones and getting newones from www.nvidia.com under the downloads part...

well that is a very good card

Not from anything I've read. Across multiple forums I've seen A LOT of people having issues with their XFX 6600GT, so based on what I've read, XFX just produced a really crappy card.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was another case of that.

yes,xfx did produce a crappy card and im pissed,i just got one and im having the same problem as him

did you get it at newegg?

I got an EVGA one, it went bad & I had pinstripes all over my screen. I called EVGA & they said sometimes the memory on the cards go bad and to try an RMA with newegg & if they won't do it, then EVGA will replace it.

So I would RMA it to the store or manufacturer.

BTW, the new one they sent me is perfect and very fast, I won't even bother overclocking this for a couple years.

Okay XFX are the worst made 6600GT, I had problems with a card and had to RMA it

Your power supply is too weak to properly run the card properly. But you would usually have another symptom, and usually not that.

I would try replacing the power supply first, because even if you have a working card, that power supply is skating on thin ice
Second thing is an RMA

DJ Chris hit it on the dot.

XFX are horrible video card makers, and from what I've experienced, horrible motherboard manufacturers.

Your powersupply probably is too weak, because you bought it with the case, and thats why when you stess your system in those benchmarks and they look for some extra juice... your PSU can't give it and you crash.

Replace PSU first, and keep a close eye on that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom