Problem with USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
Me and my friend have had a little lan party since yesterday. He has a 256 MB Flash drive. We have used it back and forth to transfer files since we had problems transferring it on the lan. Just this morning, his flash drive started not workin in one of my Gateway's 2 front USB ports. We tried the other, it worked, but once we took it out, it wouldn't work in it again, so we tried the few in the back. Same thing, once it was used and taken out, the USB seemed to be dead. We were confused, so we took my USB mouse cable out and tried it in the seemingly broken ones. Didn't work, and now my USB mouse wont move no matter what USB port it is in!!! Strangely, the same mouse works in my friends computer! Now, I can't move my mouse because it isnt registering in any of the ports! HELP! Thanks in advance!

When you unplugged the jetflash drive, did you tell XP to stop the drive? I've had problems with my USB drive when I didn't go to the system tray, and tell it to stop the drive.

Also, have you tried rebooting the computer? That may be a stupid question, but it usually fixes problems that windows develops for me.

Yes, I remember stopping it properly before i took it out, and we haven't tried rebooting it but will do so now. Also, the flash drive is a 256 MB cruzer mini from sandisk, and I have Windows XP.

Yea windows has to "refresh" the USB ports, i think when you unplug something, sometimes the USB port(s) just hang, searching for the same exact device that was plugged in, so give it a restart it'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom