problem...ram i suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.
k, i was playin this game "soldat" when i went to full auto on the gun, the game froze for a sec, then freed up, let me see my kill, then locked up, then about 2 seconds later i got a box that popped up(see pic below) ive been having weird problems like this for a few days now, might be time for me to clean my pc again(left of sig) yes i no its old, and i need a desperate upgrade, but thats in about 2 months. NOTE: all the parts in the system except for the hdd's, gpu cards, and my cd + dvd burner, are from 1997-1999, so i guess it could be the ram, as its probably 8 years old!

Attachments

• soldat error.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 14
these are the only 66mhz chips i got in the house, all the others are 512mb pc133 or 128 pc133 ram. the sucky part is, its the ram connector is like this:

|||||-||||||||||||||-||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

ive been havin this prob for a few months now, but its gotten serious this last few days, like when i open word, or firefox, it lags back, otherwize that, this pc is usually fast. i reinstalled windows like 2 weeks ago, and it errored out, until i hit the side of the pc....i no its probably the ram, but im gonna get new parts ne ways, so can a underpowered system cause memory read errors? if so i guess i gotta ditch my burners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom