Problem with ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yon

In Runtime
I ordered a big pile of computer parts the other day, including Asus P5GD2 Premium 915P (LGA775) Motherboard and an x800pro Graphics card. Unfortunately, I found out the day after i orderd it that the mobo doesnt have an AGP slot, but a PCI Express x16 slot instead. The predicament I propose to you now is: What should I do? Because the x800Pro won't fit into a PCI Express x16 slot (even though it looks like an AGP slot :p). So what do I do?

Yon, you've been here for a sufficent time, and you should have asked this question that you are getting the X800 with LGA775 Intel compatible board before ordering.

anyway, now u have only 1 choce left, and that is to get the X800 PCI-Ex16 version of the card.

as if u go other way, then u have to get the Moob and CPU changed.

other cards that are coming in this PCI-E vesion are X600 and X300 which arent recommende for gaming purpose.

Well I did kinda ask if a big pile of stuff was compatible, no-one said that it wasn't

well it is our wekness as well, they didnt considered that you MIGHT be ordering the AGP version of the card.

anyway, new thing learnt.

but we are only able to make virtual configurations here, s*** on those who have sent this package to you, without considering that AGP wont fit in the LGA775 mobo.

LOL, I have e-mailed them to tell them not to send it and to refund it, but the problem is... the site hasn't got x800 PCI Exp x16... they only got x300 and x600 in PCI

the PCI-E was launched after the X600 and X300, therfore will take time to come, also, there is as well only Intel that made its chipset on PCI-E slots, still there are nVidia, VIA, SiS, ALi to come into market.

you'll have to wait at least 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom