Problem with new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinu

Baseband Member
Im just gettin around finishin buildin my first ever comp from scratch, but Im havin some problems with the hard drive. The computer boots up and runs fine, except that the mobo doesnt want to recognize any of my HDs. I tried several different ones, some used, some brand new, and they all came up empty. Like when I tried installin xp, it gave me a message that there were no found drives. So I tried using the setup floppy that came with the new HD, and the same thing, when I went into the menu to choose which drive to set up, there were none found. I checked all the connections, and they are fine. The other IDE device that I have works fine, on all of the connectors that are available on the mobo, so its not those.

What else could be causing this, Im gettin really frustrated that I got this far and spent alot of money and now the last step, and maybe the simplest is not goin well.

Thanks

Make sure you have the harddrive in ide connector one and your cd drives in ide connector 2. Set your harddrive as master, or cable select. Make sure they are all secure, all ram is properly seated, etc. See if that works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom