Problem with my GeForce 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaneboyoyo

Beta member
I've had my GeForce 4 for about 2 years now. The other day, I booted up my PC, and found that the entire display is now covered in what looks like a series of lines, usually blue, pink or green, and I can barely see anything.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drives, re-seating my card, cleaning out my PC, and nothing has worked.
Just wondering if this is a common problem that can be fixed, or if it's time to fork out the cash for a new card.

Thanks in advance.

im not fully sure but it could be a heating issue. has it got a fan? and if so has it died?

Looks like your memory is overheating. If your card is OCed at all, clock it down a little. And like Raekwon said, if you have a fan on the card, make sure it is still working. Also, it may just be going out and is heating up more than usual. I would say that you could get a better video card for pretty cheap. I just built my new PC in my sig and within two months I had a new video card. When every prices go down on new tech, I buy it. Let us know.

I was having heating issues with the card a few months back, so I had an extra fan blowing in with the side of the case off. I guess it just finally got to be too much. Ah well, a new card was probably a good idea even before the heating issues; just wish I wasn't so cheap.
I'll be heading out tomorrow to replace it.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom