Problem with Motherboard - HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiffjunior2005

Baseband Member
Building a second pc, so bought a 2.4 GHz Celeron D with 533FSB and an ASUS P4VP-MX with a 533FSB and 256MB DDR PC2100 RAM. Installed all of the parts, flicked the power at the wall and the motherboard's power LED lit up. Turned the PC on, and the processor fan began to spin. However, i could get nothing to come up on the monitor!? Have i made a stupid mistake and does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot ;)

Did you happen to hear any beeps, bleeps, whoops, tinkers, blops, or buzzers?

Do you get POST?

Does it show anything?

If you are total and complete a$$ this question is for you, Do you have a video card? Is the monitor connected? Is the CPU in right?

Motherboard HELP!

No bleeps, POST or anything, though i think i can hear the hard drive powering in and the CDRW opens and shuts? Checked monitor connection is fine. CPUs only fit one way dont they? with the gold arrow to the arrow? :eek:
Thank you all for your replies

Depending on how you install it, CPU's can fit in more than one way, it's easy to break a pin.

It's an Asus board, so try plugging in some headphones to the intergrated sound and see what errors it gives you.

And, remeber, you need to install windows on the computer for it to do anything. Make sure your windows CD is working, and your first boot drive in BIOS is your CD-ROM

HeeLiX said:

If you are total and complete a$$ this question is for you, Is the CPU in right?

haha that reminds me of the time I didn't push down the ziff handle on my socket370 board, managed to get the heatsink on there with it up too. ahhhh I'm a dumb @ss.

If the speaker in connected to the motherboard, and your cpu is install right you should be getting a beep code.

Might try a new psu if your sure the motherboard is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom