Problem with laptop. Help if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sco

Beta member
Hi this is my first post

I have a problem with my laptop, after it starts up when you click on a desktop icon, a blue screen with a long error message occurs, it reads something like OE Exception error and asks you to to press CTRL,ALT and Del, however when you do press this it reboots and the same happens again. I have re-formatted the hard drive and re-installed Windows 98, but the problem still persists.

Does anyone know what hardware is likely to be faulty and what would need to be replaced?

Thanks

Andy

Oh, i know that problem. When this happens, press the start button. So manually shut off your computer. Then turn it on, this will stop it from occuring over and over.

Im not completely sure why windows 98 does this, but it happened alot to me. It only happened when i had to many applications going or something loaded wrong. So im pretty positive it only happens when your computer frezzes. But if it dont occur 90% of the time, related to why it happened to me, then call your Tech Support. yeah that should be fun, freaking tech support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom