problem with Geforce fx 5200 ultra and XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

padams

Beta member
Hey everyone, not sure what to do. I have a emachine T1400 with amd athlon, 256 sdram, running window xp home. I recently purchased a PNY Verto Geforce FX 5200 Ultra AGP video card. When I tried to install using drivers on installation cd, it made windows unstable, couldn't view screen correctly. I removed the new card, got NVIDIA updates for card and re-installed using the updated drivers for XP. It seemed to work ok, I could play games, good detail, everything seemed ok.

However, now when I go to update windows from either the automatic update, or the windows update site, it acts like it is updating, but halfway through the installation of updates, it says the updates were not signed by windows and will not be installed. I close that box, then it still runs the rest of the update process, really slow, then says the update was successful. When I check the installation history of windows updates, it shows that they actually failed. So now there are 4 critical security updates for XP that I can't get. PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom