problem with computer HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiddunot

Beta member
the other day i was playing a game and my computer just completely shut off.....I tried to turn it back on and that did not work as well, i opened it up and noticed my cpu fan was hanging halfway off the processor. I thought i might of fried my mobo and processor, so i went and purchased an upgrade PC Chips mobo with Sempron 3000+ processor. I went and installed it and still could not turn the computer on. I then thought it might be the pwr supply, so i went and bought one of those and now i was able to get the computer to start however, i did not get any video feed back or post beep startup. I checked to see if the memory is seated correctly and that was fine. same with the video card and connection cable. I checked the memory by installing it in another computer and that computer booted up fine with only that chip. Does anyone have any suggestions as to waht the problem could be. I did not reformat my drive or anything. when i put the mobo and processor in. Could that be the reason why it is not going through post and no video feed back? Or do i have a pile of crap mobo.....please give me ideas as to what i should check before i go buy a different mobo.

Thanks

do you have an agp video card installed? I would pull the agp card and use the onboard video from the mobo if it has one. If not, you probably have fried the video card as well. However, if you are using window xp and you installed a whole bunch of new stuff...mobo, cpu etc. you will need to reinstall windows xp. Ususally, with alot of new hardware, you get a blue screen without a windows reinstall!

he don't even get the system to POST, and with the CPU, mobo brand new, memory working in other system, my bet will be the video as well...

about the hanging fan halfway off the processor, you sure they are fired?? btw, that looks like an improper installation to me in order for the fan to end up like that...

I strongly suggest you find someone to double check your new system setup :)

Like I said ......new major hardware changes and XP will not boot and you will need to re-install. Do you get any visual at all...i.e., tells you bios and all that before it starts to load windows. can you access the CMOS? Don't go spend anymore money (unless you are independently wealthy) untill you've gotten sufficient help here!

i give up, i have tried everything. The fan came off the plastic housing. It had nothing to do with operator error. I went and purchased a msi mobo today and installed that. I received the same results. I noticed that these mobos have onboard video. So i left the agp video card out and still same response, which is no post beep and no video response. Not even bios. Like i said i tried the memory in another computer and it seems to work fine. I even tried leaving the cdroms, floppys and so forth unplugged from the power supply and i still cannot get any response. I am confused as to what it can be. I even reformated my hard drive. There is nothing on it. and it still wont give me a post startup. Somebody please help me.

I just can't help but wonder did you connect all the wires correctly?? it looks like you have basically change all the parts, almost a completely new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom