Problem with computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosGarcia

Solid State Member
Hello, my name's Carlos, and I have a brand new PC and no forms of using it other than turning it on and looking at the blue screen that the installation shows me.

Any helpouts?

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to Tech-Forums!

You will need to give some more information about your PC and the problem for the members to help you. Be specific about the PC and whatever installation that's been done.

Dave :D

The computer consists of:

Athlon XP 2800
Pine 32MB AGP4x
Creative Audigy ZS Platinum
2 Lite On CD-RW's
D-Link AirPlus ExtremeG
512 DDR400 non-recognized brand
Asus V-series motherboard

This system only let me install Windows XP on it, once. It frequently crashed, blue-screen, with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and plenty other errors.

With frequency, this happened whenever I played Tomb Raider the new one. I downloaded all the drivers for my devices, and still got the same crashes.

I decided to format the drive, and install another version of Windows - XP home, because the one I had installed was a Pro version that a lot of people had installed - a pirated version. I took the hard drive to a friend's house, installed the OS, and took it home. It ran with the same problems as the other one. I decided to format it once again, but in my computer, not taking the hard drive out.

Once I did that, the system did not want to display video. I took the PC to the computer shop where I bought the motherboard, thinking that it was the culprit, for I had already damaged an original AMD processor by removing it's thermal paste and not grounding it to the chassis. They installed another video card on it and it gave display, so I sent the card (GeForce MX4000 series) to the warranty and bought a Pine AGP card just for basic display purposes.

The system kept giving me problems. Now, it gave me errors as soon as the system booted the installation executables of Windows XP Home, Pro, and 2000. NTFS errors, and others - files corrupted, etc.

I removed the hard drive and installed it as a slave on another computer in my home. I installed Windows XP on it and ran it for a couple of days with no problems. Then I took out the memory from the problematic computer and installed it on the good PC, with positive results.

I took the hard drive and the memory back to it's original place, on the computer that was giving me hassles. And it kept blue-screening, not letting me get into Windows XP.

A friend of mine brought a Gigabyte motherboard (must be old, it identifies my processor as a 1700 in Auto mode) and installed all the components on it, taking the ASUS out. We could install Windows 2000 on the hard drive. But either I can't get to the normal mode logon screen, because it reboots in the startup screen sequence, or I get crashes once I operate something in normal mode (Driver IRQL not less or equal). This Windows 2000 version has all the updates that are currently available for it on the windowsupdate.com website.

I'm able to use my PC only in the basic Safe Mode. I've been running Wordpad with no problems, and left it running for a day and no crashes. That is my situation at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom