Problem with ASUS P4S800 Motherboard, Please HELPÂ…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahdi

Beta member
Hello Every one,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I am having problem with the ASUS P4S800 Board. After Building a NEW System from scratch using this board, I booted up and on the post Screen I got the following Error

“Hardware Monitor found an error. Enter Power Setup menu for details” and am then prompted to “Press F1 to continue or DEL to enter SETUP”

In the BIOS under Hardware Monitor, I can see that the VCORE Voltage and +5V Voltage are RED, and assume this is where the monitoring is finding error. When I DISABLE these to by selecting IGNORE. I do not get his error anymore.

However I am wondering where the problem lies?
By Selecting Ignore, am I casing any damage to the system that may show up in the future i.e. Frying the CPU and so on?

I have Built 2 NEW Systems from scratch one PIV 3.2 and one PIV 3.4 using two different ASUS P4S800 and the problem has come up with both systems.

I called ASUS Tech, I was told that it is the PSU and I should use a High END PSU. I doubt this is the problem as the PSU is 350W and is P4 Compatible.

In the ASUS Manual it states that If any of the monitor items is out of range the following error message appears: “Hardware Monitor found an error. Enter Power Setup menu for details” However what it does not tell you, is how to resolve this problem?

Please any help would be great, I mean I donÂ’t mind setting it on IGNOR in BIOS but want to make sure if this will not damage the systems in the long termÂ…. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom