Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
Ok so check this out:

Im home for the first time in awhile and I went on my old computer which my parents have been using and I realized that the AMD Athlon 3000+ is only running at about 1ghz. So I bumped it back up to 2.1 which it should definitely be able to handle (I've had that sucka up to at least 2.4 in the past.) Then It started up and kept resetting on me. So I pulled the ram out to dust off and put it back in and now when i power up the monitor wont start.

I've Tried 3 dif monitors and none get signal (Somebody set me up the bomb.)

This is annoying. I then pulled the battery out to reset bios - still nothing. It doesnt even sound like the HDD is trying to boot.

There is power however and the fans are spinning.

I also tried a different video card which I am 95% sure should be working.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Yes - it powers up and the fans are spinning. But no signal on the monitor. I also have confirmed that at least one of the monitors is working for sure - how do i completely reset CMOS/BIOS? I'm almost positive if I can get that all restored to default it will work.

Whether it worked before or not, it sure sounds like the processor is getting to hot running at that speed and that's why it's resetting.

When you pulled out the memory, are you sure you didn't loosen one of your IDE cables or power connectors?

Have you tried the obvious, taking out all non-essential hardware, including the hard drive and seeing what happens when you boot it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom